So You're Invited to a Baby Shower Part II

Thank you for tuning into the second installment of "So You're Invited to a Baby Shower...". Last post, I provided ten great, low-budget ideas for baby shower gifts. This post, I will provide some higher price tag items for baby shower gift ideas.

Blue Figurines

Here's another note: soon to be moms, these are products that I highly recommend you include on your registries! Creating a registry can be so, so overwhelming, but these were all things that I used and/or frequently recommend to new moms. And I am not getting paid by any company to recommend these items at all. They just worked well for me.

The $20-$30 price range:

1. A nursing pillow
Clearly this gift only works if you know mom is going to nurse. I should also mention that there are many different brands of nursing pillows. Some are in the $30  price range while other nursing pillows that are typically more firm can range anywhere from $40 to $75. And new moms, you'll want to take this to the hospital! Also, if nursing doesn't work out as planned, this pillow can still be used for tummy time!

2. A prop-a-pillar
Okay, full disclosure: we've never owned one of these little dudes, but they are so cool! Not only are they colorful and cute, but they can be used for tummy time and supported sitting as little one ages. The JuJuBe was never big on her Bumbo seat and I think she would have preferred some form of softer support as she learned to sit up.

Manufacturer's Picture of the Prop-a-pillar. Look at how fun! 


3. A comfy place to rest baby
Oh me...we look at pics of the JuJuBe on her Boppy Newborn lounger and oh how we miss those days of sweet snuggles. As much as you'll love holding new baby, you'll love having a nice cushion to rest your little one on to give your arms a break. We loved our Boppy pillow.

The JuJuBe looking adorable on her Boppy Newborn Lounger. 

4. The Kyte BABY Bundler ($20 - $30)
We registered for (and received) swaddle sacks. Guess who hated being swaddled? The JuJuBe. What I wish we had received instead were these nifty little sacks that cover baby's feet, don't have tons of snaps (Hello, 2 AM diaper changes!), and allow baby to move his or her arms at will. I recently gave one to a friend for her baby. They are super soft and a genius idea.

The $30-$50 price range:
5. The Kyte BABY sleep sack. ($35 - $50)
While I worked on getting my registry put together in an actual brick and mortar, locally owned shop (Shout out to Sprout!), I really didn't know what all I truly needed as a first-time mom. Luckily for me, a dear friend saw that my registry was lacking one of these terrific items, said that I didn't know I needed one and purchased it anyway. You know what? She was 100% correct. The JuJuBe slept so, so, so, so much better in her sleep sack.  New moms, they are worth every penny. They even make one for newborns that are modified swaddles.

Image result for Kyte BABY sleep sackImage result for Kyte BABY swaddle bag

Again, I am not in any way paid to promote a company's products, but if Kyte BABY wants to strike up a deal, I will sing their praises all day long!

6. FridaBaby Kits
These came highly recommended to me by several veteran moms. You can find the FridaBaby brand kits that contain their revolutionary products. These are great for first time parents!

Places to splurge:
This section is written mainly for those of you needing to generate a registry.

7. Rocker/Glider (> $200)
When we brought our little one home, I spent so much time in my glider. I still do. And really, it 100% serves its purpose and I still like it. However, if I had it to do over again, I would've chosen differently. The new glider would have met the following criteria:

-That it comes above my head to provide neck support.
-That it reclines.
-That it has an ottoman.
-That its extra squishy and comfortable. Some new moms aren't able to use their gliders as they heal from their delivery wounds.

8. Dock-A-Tot (> $150)
These things are terrific! Baby loves to be in them. They provide extra support and make little one feel great about life. The JuJuBe highly recommends the Dock-A-Tot even though she outgrew hers a while ago.

9. Pack'n Play with Bassinet/Changing Table Combo (> $100)
We love our Pack'n Play. When we registered for it, we got a separate bassinet and a separate changing table. There's no need to do all of those different parts! Instead, register for a multi-functional, multipurpose item. Just make sure you remember to add the mattress to the registry as well!

Honorable mentions:
10. Muslin Swaddles (~$20): These are inexpensive and multipurpose. What haven't I used mine for? It make a great nursing cover, swaddle, blanket, sun shield, and yes, even a photo-shoot backdrop.

Muslin swaddle backdrop for The JuJuBe's hospital photo-shoot. 

11. A Baby Sick Day Kit: Put one together for the new parents yourself. Be sure to include a thermometer (forehead, ear or rectal), Infant's Tylenol, a snuggly/lovey for baby, some baby-friendly chest rub and maybe some kleenex and wine for Mom and Dad (just kidding about the wine...or am I?). Creating this kit could run anywhere from $30 and up depending on how much you want to spend. I will tell you though, we received Infant's Tylenol as part of a gift and we are so, so grateful we did.


Thanks again for stopping by! I hope some of you out there found this helpful! It can be hard knowing what to put on your registry or what to purchase for someone having a baby. Next week, stay tuned for my blog post where I interview a millionaire!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts